Monday, November 9, 2009

Red Hook


This is a building you can see from the Fairways car park. I'm really curious about this place and fortunately for my a guy called Pete who was working in there came out to see what i was doing and offered to give me a tour next time I'm around. Pete was on his way to deliver a pair of wings he had made from balloons to a Victoria's Secret model shoot. Oh yes, I m very curious about this place. You'll have to forgive this nasty ink color, I mixed it myself from red and green, hoping to get brown and instead got something very unpleasant.

9 comments:

Larry said...

Last night was the season finale of Board to Death. I've been digging that show (all filmed in Brooklyn) and was sad to see it go. But now I'm comforted by your Brooklyn sketches.

Thanks.

memi said...

another great one, Steve!

Stephen Gardner said...

Larry, that's a new one on me, is that HBO or something. I missed the casting call.

Memi, thanks, I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Larry said...

Yup, HBO...I don't want to distract from your beautiful drawing...I'll email you the info.

Munich Newman said...

Lovely drawing Steve, the colour pleases me.

Hans Jenssen Illustration said...

I too don't think there's anything unpleasant about the colour. I think it should have a name, "gred" I suggest.
Amazing nobody has nicked that swordfish, it must be held on with titanium bolts. Love the drawing and the subject.

Stephen Gardner said...

Thanks dudes, I think I'm off to Red Hook today to draw some kind of tanker. I got an invite from the owner. Should be Wednesdays posting.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to more like this!

Stephen Gardner said...

Thanks Chad, they're a coming.