Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Let's Go Yankees



I'm sorry for all you Phillies fans out there but the Yankees will will the World Series tonight. About 20 years back I did this painting of Joe DiMaggio as part of a series for the Bradford Exchange, it round up on a plate and as a limited edition print signed by the great man himself. Here is Joe with the original painting and a better look at the painting reduced to it's plate form. This was a highlight for me, expect another Yankee related image in celebration.

8 comments:

FitFoodieMegha said...

What a wonderful work! This is absolutely stunning. You have put in a lot of hard work. Fantastic!

Water Color Pencil: Bani Thani in Ancient Look...!

Larry said...

Go Yankees!

That's priceless Stephen.

L

Unknown said...

OMG!!! You're a celebrity in my book! That is so fantastic. You are so modest, it's like we have to pull these awesome achievements out of you. My mom met Joe when he came to Japan for a tour in the 60's. So cool.

Unknown said...

Brilliant!

Art with Liz said...

Fantastic Stephen! Even I know of Joe and the Yankees and also understand a little bit about baseball!

Stephen Gardner said...

Thanks everyone, this really was a big deal for me back then, I have a big print of this one that Joe signed to me. I love it.

Bhavna said...

I have to second Sheila. You are so modest. Your work is extremely inspiring.

Jeff Barson said...

Oh hell! Do I remember the Bradford Exchange days. (20 years??)