Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Scenes From The Cape






I've just got back from the Cape and here is a Brief hint of the my 4 day sketch workout. Eddy and I went through the M.A program at FIT together and he offered me the chance to go with him on this job. I learned a great deal, mainly that when you work a gig like this caricatures are the way to go. We are doing another one at the end of August, I'm determined to have a whole different style working by then. Onwards and upwards. BTW Eddy is the one in the yellow shorts.

3 comments:

Hans Jenssen Illustration said...

Dude! I have dabbled in caricatures on occasions, and have decided to pass on a secret which I have learned at great expense both to my wallet and my brain cells: The more drunk I am, the better my caricatures get. I'm not saying that will work for everyone, but hey, might be worth a try.

memi said...

I am guessing that the Cape still does not know what hit them, with the likes of you two- What a great gig!!!

Stephen Gardner said...

Hans- it was a dry event but I think your advice is sound.

Memi- glad you are back, let's catch up, I dare say South Africa is feeling your loss.