Wednesday, February 25, 2009

South Bank

My third drawing and whilst sketching I felt that I should have had a pint before taking this one on. I got carried away and in hind sight might have chosen a view that didn't include the dock in the foreground, it all got a bit confusing. I hit my first tavern right after this to collect my thoughts.


Isabel said...

great cityscape line

dominique eichi said...

Great sketch. How long does it take you to do one of these.

Sheila said...

Dang... wish I could have joined you in a pint or two. Okay, not literally inside a pint because only my toe would fit but drinking a few drafts and commiserating about our art. How cool would that be?

emikk said...

I don't know, I don't mind the dock being in the foreground one bit,... gives the drawing an unexpected twist. I feel like doing the twist right now as a matter of fact.

Stephen Gardner said...

Isabel- thanks for checking in.

Dominique- the sketches take about 20 to 30 minutes, the ruling pen makes for quick work.

Sheila- it would indeed be very cool.

Emikk- I'm twisting with you as I type.

Sandy said...

these are all so detailed too...I really like that.

Trevor Lingard said...

Hi Stephen
Was in London myself last week. I recognised a few of your locations from your sketches.
That is a compliment.

Chris Bellinger said...

I like this sletch as you have
captured the skyline very well with the cranes!
I know the South Bank well and the view from The festivall hall is worth a look, Charing Cross etc

Chris Bellinger said...

I meant Sketch of course!!!