Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nightmare


I think this is how Robert Green must have felt as he watched the ball trickle over the line, it's certainly how I felt. I don't blame the goalkeeper for this one and England should have been able to score again to get him off the hook. Friday will put us back in the driving seat. Italy won the world Cup in 82 after drawing their first two games.
Being an American citizen, I also want the US to go through and do well. I pray we don't meet again though.
See my friend Larry's World Cup post HERE, It really is a World event.

9 comments:

Munich Newman said...

Good drawing Steve.
I still have zero interest in football, strange huh. Just don't get it.
May watch some matches I guess.

larry said...

Well played Steve. Ever consider a career in diplomacy?
Nice drawing!

Hans Jenssen Illustration said...

Fantastic!!!! And Fraser, what's the matter with you!?

Art with Liz said...

As we say here in World Cup land - Laduuuuuma! Along with the vuvuzelas, it sounds great! Hah! And as for me, it's Go Bafana! Love the sketches.

Munich Newman said...

Dunno Hans, must have a gland missing?

Unknown said...

FAB interpretation!
The bad news, World cup fever lasts about a month and there is no-known cure. It is also a reoccurring disease- generally every 4 years.

Unknown said...

USA!! USA!! USA!!

Unknown said...

Cute drawing here!

I am not much of a fan when it comes to some sports and one of them is soccer if this is what this game is here.

Stephen Gardner said...

I did have some fun with this one, I think I've seen this clip on TV about as often as I care. I hope Mr Green has a great game on Friday or cures cancer before he goes home to England.
He needs to do something amazing.