Friday, January 11, 2008

Maybe Under Capello



Okay, so here's the story. These two drawings were made from sketches I'd done at a bar called Floyd's in Brooklyn during England's World Cup quarter final against Portugal in 2006. The top image depicts the moment when Owen Hargreaves (Canadian) converts England's only penalty during the shoot out. The 2nd drawing (first posted in Nov 07 after the Croatia game..I don't want to talk about it) depicts the moment shortly there after and pretty much ever since.
Why am I posting these today, it's Ben's birthday and he owns the original drawings, so if you see him out later, buy him a pint.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I was in Florence and Venice for the last two games of the World Cup in '06 when Italy beat Germany, then France to win...you wanna talk excited football fans!!?? You would've had plenty of material for nudes AND fans!

Stephen Gardner said...

Hi Chelle, your comment inspired my next post.

Chelle said...

I'm honored...I've been told I muse well...