Sunday, March 28, 2010

Deer Head Lodge


This is a sketch for a painting I'm doing as a private commission. The lodge in question no longer exists but it's owner wanted a painting of it during it's hay day. I'll be doing some kind of step by step on this one, I'm looking forward to getting stuck in. The lodge was in a place where we spend a great deal of time and I got to take some shots of it before it's demise. I'll be working from those shots and some old brochures that the owner, Martin has sent me. I got this commission because Martin landed is HELICOPTER in front of the house we were staying at and, of course had had to draw it, we got talking and the rest, as they say.....

5 comments:

Hans Jenssen Illustration said...

Ah, that old chestnut... Boy sits drawing, boy meets helicopter, boy talks to helicopter pilot, helicopter pilot gets boy to paint lodge, I heard it all before.

Tristan Alexander said...

I don't see no Deer Head! LOL, looks like quite a chalenge (would be for me anyway, but I don't do buildings much).

Stephen Gardner said...

Hans, I'm a walking cliche, what can I say.

Tristan, there will be a deer head on the next version for sure.

Munich Newman said...

Hans has got me thinking there Steve: Martin's not perchance a Priest is he?

Stephen Gardner said...

It's all falling into place now.