Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sunglasses


This sketch was done on the same journey as yesterday's sketch, in fact I finished 3 drawings in one 20 minute train ride which is a record for me and represents a change in my thinking about what makes a drawing, it wasn't conscious, merely part of what I hope will be an ongoing evolution. The oil painting class was a clear indication to me that the practice of continued drawing is starting to pay off. Happy Saturday, I'm breaking out the oil paints again today.

6 comments:

Lou Belcher said...

Wow... 3 in 20 minutes. They are wonderful sketches.

Moish said...

beautiful drawing, especially at that speed.

Munich Newman said...

I need a faster pencil.
Really good stuff Steve.

Stephen Gardner said...

I'm enjoying a slight change in direction.

Munich Newman said...

I should cocoa

Stephen Gardner said...

You should cocoa, it suits you.