Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rohmans


Once again it's been a while since my last post. Angie and I ran the New York Marathon on Sunday, can I use that as a good excuse? There are no excuses of course just distractions, once again I'll vow to do better, who knows maybe this time I will.
I'm mapping in the lights and darks on this painting, trying to prize the truth from the photographs I'm using, last week I went and sat in the bar again and made color notes and a value study, this is a little closer to the truth. I hope ti finish this soon, I'm working on a couple more which I'll be posting soon. Thanks for your patience.

4 comments:

Hans Jenssen Illustration said...

Dude! This was worth waiting for, it is off the scale fabulous. Well done to you and Ange for the Marathon, I'm done after 6 miles. Can't imagine doing another 20...

Stephen Gardner said...

Thanks Hans, look here I am having let another week go by without posting, what a wanker. I still love drawing but can't seem to get on a roll. Thanks for stopping by.
hope you guys are well, i really enjoyed seeing Steve's wedding photo's.
I'll post again soon, this weekend for sure.

Hans Jenssen Illustration said...

Dude! We are well, thanks. I'm busy with work, 2 good jobs in last 2 months, first sniff of some decent stuff for ages, but this is a really interesting project now about Gallipoli in WWI with sections through the trenches etc.

emikk said...

You didn't sketch while running?