Thursday, August 28, 2008

Creatures Of Habit




I've mentioned before that keeping a daily sketchbook tends to reveal the patterns of your life. Well here is proof positive for me and the man in the drawings. These were done on lunch breaks from work at my local bar called JD'S that has since been closed down by the health department, bad lunch choice by all accounts. Over the course of a couple of years I did the same drawing on at least three occasions, The guy sat in the same position with his arms folded in the same way on each of those occasions but I didn't notice until I was going though my old sketchbooks.

8 comments:

Larry said...

Norm!

Stephen Gardner said...

Nice one Larry.

Hans Jenssen Illustration said...

Darn that Larry, he beat me to it.

Katy Diamond Hamer said...

Hi Steve! I'm joining in :) Thanks for the link. Just checked out your website...lots of great stuff!!

This sketch is lovely...and because of the color change with your medium it almost appears as if he's aging with the different sittings

Cheers!

suzanne cabrera said...

Oh wow Stephen...this is absolutely incredible!!!! Amazing. I love how he is sitting exactly the same way in each pose. I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E.!

suzanne cabrera said...

Sorry Stephen...that last post was me.

wagonized said...

Wow is a word I use a bit much when I look at your work, and there it is again: wow!

Stephen Gardner said...

This was a fun posting for me because I never got to see them all together as they are bound in sketchbooks.

Hans, where's my bloody bottle opener drawing.

Katy, thanks for taking the time to comment, I'm delighted to know you stopped by, we'll have to do another sketch night at the Society soon.

Suzanne and France, it's always great to hear from you since I'm a regular at both your sites.